BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 2, 2009

things we said today

My grandpa used to be so strong and handsome.
i remember. We would go over every sunday since i was really little, and he would always be doing stuff like painting or hauling, but he wasn't ever too much 'man' to help my grandma with the laundry.

you know that song by death cab for cutie, 'what sarah said'? ive been thinking about it a lot. i visit grandpa at least three times a week. theres not much time left. he can't even hold a cup of water anymore without dropping it, and i can tell hes exasperated with himself.
i was sure he would fall on his way to the kitchen yesterday. he has a walker, but it's not going to be of much use anymore.
they say that someone who is dying holds onto life until all of their family is there. My aunt lives in nevada, and shes coming into town in a week or two. it makes me wonder.

in the end of that song, they say, ' love is watching someone die'.
i can't decide whether or not its true.

Yesterday i gave my presentation for english. I pretended to be J A Prufrocks therapist, and had glasses and a clipboard and everything. It went pretty well i guess. I wont really know until next week.

i had this dream last night where i ate a million french fries. I am so sick of french fries right now, and i didn't even eat any.

this week has been incredibly long.


Music:
the beatles


2 comments:

JoshM said...

I know exactly what you mean. My grandmother passed away a week before Christmas this year. The funeral was on Christmas eve. The hardest thing I ever had to do was sit with her hours before she died. No one else was there, they were all on there way. I tried not to think about anything, and tried not to cry. I felt like a little kid wanting to act like a big kid in front of the doctors.

anyway i dont want to boar you. So I will just say i am praying for you.

aurora said...

thank you