BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 12, 2009

steadier footing

I was thinking about last easter today. I was a little disappointed because not too many people showed up to celebrate at my grandparent's house like in past years, but richard bryan and leon were there so it was fine.

i found this picture today:

I remember. Richard had stolen my camera and was taking a million pictures of everyone while they were unaware. I didn't realize he was taking this of me, actually i was listening to a really funny story Leon was telling me, and richard just started laughing like crazy because of the expression on my face. It was a happy moment.
(i miss that kid.)
i remember my grandparents had just painted their entire kitchen/hallway bright orange. Grandpa used to love bright warm colors like yellow and orange and red.

This year almost everyone showed up. We were supposed to be celebrating easter, but really it was more of a preparation for the funeral tomorrow. Relatives i hardly ever see showed up, and i was continuously getting up and hugging and saying, "Hi, im Amanda, Bernadettes daughter."

I got to hide the eggs this year, with bryan and melissa. It was more fun than i thought it would be; being thoughtful and creative with the hiding places and then sitting on the porch and watching their faces as they search and discover. I used to love finding those plastic eggs plastered with stickers and filled with m&ms or jelly beans.
i think some eggs won't be found until July sometime.

Yesterday was really amazing, another treasure from God. I wish i could live it over again. Gotta get up at 5 tomorrow. Just as well, I've been waking up around 4:30 every morning anyway, involuntarily. wonder if it'll stop after the funeral?

i feel special and victorious today, because Jesus died for me and then conquered the grave.

1 comments:

JoshM said...

i love that picture of you.