BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 16, 2007

seeking relief

Today we threw a surprise party for my good friend Katrina. It will be her 16th birthday on the 22nd. She was so surprised! It was great.
And it was a dance party, so we got to dance a lot.

My friends are so amazing. I'm always struck how we all know the same people, but we don't know that we know the same people because they are in different clubs or classes. I love being homeschooled. I don't think I would have it any other way...

I'm really stuck in a rut right now, though. I'm the most pathetic person I know. I pretty much don't do anything all day long, even though I have lots of homework. Probably what I do most is just sit and think... about nothing really.
And I think I've concluded that I wasn't prepared.
For life.

I wasn't prepared for rejection, I wasn't prepared for all this work, I wasn't prepared to see the people I love get hurt and for myself to get hurt for that matter. I wasn't prepared to wait so long for stuff, and I wasn't prepared to be so happy I could burst, and I wasn't prepared for disappointment.

But then again, I suppose that no one was ever really prepared for all of this...


1 comments:

Edison Trent said...

I don't think any of us were prepared for life, otherwise it wouldn't be such an adventure. You're really a fun person, far from pathetic. I used to do that to, just sit around all day not really doing the work I was supposed to, but I got it in myself that I wanted to do my best because this life is all I have. Rejection happens to the best of us, even by parents. We will all get hurt and disappointed sometime in life, but what you have to do is let go of the past and move on. You have to let go and let God. Holding on to it will only make things worse. Patience is a virtue :), sometimes we have to wait years for things to happen. Keep your head up, you'll get through this. From defeat and disappointment comes great victory.