BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

i miss mr. hatch

I had my first piano lesson with Mrs. Bork yesterday. She is my 4th piano teacher ever. 1 of the 3 I've had in only the past year. The other 2 moved away. Far away.
Outside of the Borks' front door theres a big plastic duck that's wearing a green cloth dress.
I don't like Mrs. Bork very much.
My last teacher, Mr. Hatch, has a little piano and short nails. He used to make his students wash their hands before starting the lesson. That way no one would get sick or grossed out at dirty keys. He knows almost everything there is to know about piano, and he has a fun teaching style and an unusual personality.
Mrs. Bork has long nails and a piano that's so old that it looks like the one from The Goonies. Practically.
The keys are like 5 different shades of brown and they're cracked and dirty. The black keys are dull, nicked, and rounded from use at the corners where they're supposed to be square-ish. Also, it is the strangest sounding piano I've ever played on. Needs tuning, I suppose.
Mrs. Bork has 6 kids. They were everywhere. In fact, she wasn't even there when we got to her house because she was picking some of them up. Her son answered the door. I knew him. I don't know his name, but I've definitely seen him before, at our church. He was polite, but ran up the stairs the minute I got in the door. Awkward.

I was thinking too, when I first met Mr. Hatch I didn't like him at all.
Just like I don't like Mrs. Bork.
But in the end, he turned out to be the best piano teacher I've ever had. He knew how to talk to people my age, since he taught choir at Cibola. I'm hoping that will happen with Mrs. Bork. I don't even know her very well yet. She could be different (there's no hope for her piano though. Maybe she'll buy a new one).
When Mr. Hatch left, I didn't feel sad or anything. Now I do.
I miss Mr. Hatch.

0 comments: