BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

CNM

So I've finally gotten all of my CNM stuff straightened out. I was taking Intermediate Algebra, but today I dropped that class so that I can take a class to complete Intermediate and College Algebra in one semester. So I now have classes on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 1:30pm to 3:20pm, in addition to AWANA, piano, and Science Olympiad. And, of course, in addition to all of my regular school. I have too much on my plate right now.
It's kind of funny- my first day of class I just went to the normal Intermediate Algebra class (the class I had signed up for originally), and there were a lot of kids around my age in that class. They weren't very friendly. Then the next day I went to the Intermed/College class, and seriously more than half of the people there are over the age of 30 (hey, about as old as Mrs. Bork's piano!), and those people were actually pretty nice! I'm getting to know pretty well a lady (Carly) and two guys (Allen and Tom).
Another funny thing- in the first class I went to Tom cussed about every time he drew a breath to speak, because he can't understand the problems very well. Well, none of us in the group cuss, and I've noticed that he cusses noticeably less now. I suppose he's just one of those guys who repeats what he hears, and is subject to peer pressure. Maybe if he were always around people that never cuss, he wouldn't either. Hmm...
Allan is a funny guy. I only met him today. His reason for not coming into class yesterday is that he slept too late. The class starts at 1:30pm. He's taken Trig before, so he knows pretty much all the material. I asked him why he took this class again, and he told me he "got bored". And he really does know the material! He could teach the class. He drew cows and chickens most of class.
So far I pretty much like the class. But not the work.
I think I'll survive.
This semester, at least.

0 comments: