BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

actual story

Let me tell you an actual story from today!

Once upon a time there was a little girl named Amanda. She did all her chores and did most of her school almost every day (nobody's perfect).

One day Amanda told her mom that she wanted to drop off some books at the library after school. No problem there, right? She didn't think so. Her mom didn't think so.

So after an agonizing hour of trig in which Amanda failed a quiz and realized she could never ever become an engineer, she and her mother drove to the library.

"When we get there," Amanda said, "give me 5 minutes so that I can run inside and check out Wuthering Heights. I've been wanting to read that for a long time!"

"Oh!" said Amanda's mom, "You don't have to do that. I know I have that book on my shelf."

"Well... if you're sure, then I guess I can read it at home" Amanda reluctantly agreed. (Reluctantly because her mom had quite a reputation for saying she remembers having things which she has actually sold, discarded, or otherwise disposed of)

So they drove on in peace.

Upon reaching their home, both Amanda and her mom walked inside and looked for the book. But (as Amanda suspected) it was nowhere to be found.

"Hum!" Amanda's mother stated, "Wherever could my book have gotten to?"

Amanda was naturally annoyed. Wouldn't you be annoyed if you were RIGHT there at the library and didn't go in to get the book you wanted because your mother said she had it and then didn't and then wasn't even sorry she was wrong and wouldn't drive you back to get a book cause she was wrong?

Amanda suggested to her mother that perhaps she had forgotten selling the book, but her mother just exploded in her face.
"ARE YOU CALLING ME A LIAR??!" Her mother outraged.

"No... i was ... just suggesting.." Amanda tried to speak, but her mom was too busy sneering,
"Well you don't deserve to read the book anyway with that attitude."

Now for some morals:
(rachel always has morals, and since this is supposed to be a story I guess I'll have some too)

1) don't get too worked up over something as small as a book (my bad)

2) don't ever even remotely act like my mom (her tremendous fault)

5 comments:

Miss E. said...

Your mother would really not like me if I were her daughter.
Miss E.

After His Heart said...

so...i kinda think yo mamma is a bit crazy, however, i still love her...
and i really want to read that book too...i should go get it
C

Liz said...

aw I'm sorry amanda, I hate fighting with my mom too.

And I totally have Wuthering Heights! I will bring it on sunday if you want, you are totally welcome to borrow it!

It's a great book, I'm sure you'll love it!

TTYL :-D
Liz

aurora said...

yay it would be great to borrow the book from you but I don't go to church on sundays and pretty much never see you!
:P

Liz said...

I think I am gonna go to church tonight, will you be there then?