BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 27, 2008

17

It's 1:50am, its my birthday, and I can't sleep.

Seems like I waited my whole life to be where I am right now. It's kind of funny really.
And the moments you look forward to always seem to just pass right by, don't they? Without you hardly even looking up to see them as they fall away...

Before we know it, all of us will be 20, 30, 40.
Married, parents, working, enjoying life.
I hope we keep in touch.

What makes birthdays so special anyway?
Why is getting older so significant?
I think the answer to this question is that every year as Christians we get closer to God. And every birthday brings us a year closer to spending an eternity with Him.

yay.

It's 2:00 now. 17 years ago I was born in Presbyterian Hospital, Albuquerque NM.

Happy Birthday to me
:)

3 comments:

Robert said...

Birthdays are fun because it's celebrating another year of life lived, and another year of life ahead.

Happy birthday Amanda!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday amandathrax!

:)

After His Heart said...

dag girl....17?!? really?
happy birthday anyway...i totally fail at b-days....
C