BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 2, 2008

finally almost over

Today was Science Olympiad Regional Competitions!

I actually wasn't in any events. Well, I signed up for two (Forensics and Oceanography), but they couldn't get anyone to judge these events, so I get to move right on up and compete at state!
I've been explaining that to people all day.
Everyone was calling me the lucky team mascot. I just went along with people and watched a bunch of events and just generally had a fun time. Although it was very boring for a couple hours in there...
The event lasted all day. We got there at 7am and left at 4pm. But it was over before I knew it. Our teams did pretty well- there were a few first places in there. Our middle school team, I am proud to say, got 1st place out of every other middle school in the event! (there were about 7-8). They got a huge trophy and everything.
Our high school team got 3rd place out of 7-8 high schools, and we got a little trophy. :P
All of our teams moved on to state! yahoo! :D
It was kind of annoying though because they screwed up the individual awards, and so we don't know what each person got for their event. They're going to mail out the info.

After the event, we all went to Fuddrucker's! And I am proud to say that my friend Paul Hamerick ate a 1lb burger. No applause please.

0 comments: