BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 27, 2008

i love it when it rains all day

We usually go over to my grandmas house for thanksgiving, but today they came over here. My aunt carol came too, and also my cousins Bryan, Leon, Crystal, and Carolyn, and her little boy Dean.
Full house.
I love company, especially on holidays. Bryan and Leon are absolutely crazy and a lot of fun to hang out with. They told funny stories about how they used to put batteries in cameras and fix it up so that it shocks you when you take a picture, and also about the time that Leon pushed Bryan down our stairs like 7 years ago and he smashed right into our atrium.
(they told that one because Dean was going up the stairs when he wasnt supposed to and he ended up falling down and landing on his head in such a way that I thought for sure he would break his neck. yep it was a party, haha)

So you know whats crazy? Instead of getting tattoos, nowadays lots of people are getting brands. Like cattle brands. This is pretty much the dumbest thing I've heard of people doing (lately)- one of my friends was saying that he personally branded a friend of his. They just bent a coat hanger up in the shape he wanted, put it in the fire, and branded him.
Only they branded him on the stomach and his skin stretched, so what was supposed to be his high school football team name ended up looking more like the American flag. haha serves him right.


On saturday pretty much all my moms side of the family is coming over for our traditional "craft day": my moms present to all her neices and nephews. They all come over and make christmas crafts. It sounds lame, but its actually tons of fun having all the cousins together. Its pretty much the only time i see them anymore.
And we go outside and play football or hide and seek, or whatever the kids want to play. And eat nachos.



exactly a year ago i was in my cousin Yvette's quincenera with my cousin Richard. I was just thinking today about how much fun that was. I thought it was a big pain at first because we had to meet for weeks before to learn this traditional dance thing, but it was worth it.
I miss seeing everyone every week like that.






Todays Theme Music:
crayon angels - fleet foxes
everybody here is a cloud- cloud cult
this town, a town so obtuse- wesley jensen/christie dupree

1 comments:

David said...

Branding?? Good grief.

Happy thanksgiving btw!!