BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

i think not...

Before class today, this one guy was talking about how after he graduates hes gonna join the army and get shipped off to Iraq. He said, "I cannot wait"; he was actually excited about it, because apparently when he was a little kid he would spend his allowance on black powder and blow stuff up. I guess he thinks Iraq will be the same.
I dont know about you, but ive read a lot of war novels, and even with that small understanding of what war is like, I can tell that it is NOT a desirable situation to be in. I've heard war described as hell. Who really enjoys war, anyway? Im sure i wouldnt...
War is not cool, war is not fun, war is not safe, war is not happy.
and those are not reasons for wanting to go to Iraq.

Sometimes war is necessary, though.
I would respect the guy a lot more if he had said that he was excited to go to Iraq to help our country and the people over there instead of saying that he was excited to blow stuff up.
People die in wars.

That guy is a fool.

0 comments: