BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 1, 2007

Time

I babysat for the neighbors' kids on Friday. They are such sweet kids. We played games and watched Jungle Book 2. Which is a good way to get the song "Bear Necessities" stuck in your head.
The little boy, Alejandro, was in first grade. He reminded me sooo much of Clinton when he was that age! At bedtime, he wanted me to read him this dog-eared, torn, falling apart 2007 LEGO/Star Wars catalog. It went something like this:

IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYER!
Destroy your enemies with the action gripping excitement of a new Imperial battleship! Comes with a Darth Vader with a limited edition gray suit, 5 storm troopers with limited edition red suits, and a limited edition captain! AND: extra feature- self opening hatch! Just press the side button to bring this ship to life.
$399.99

The kid was so into it, I almost wished I had $399.99 so I could buy the kid a LEGO.
They were good kids, but as I was leaving I was glad because I didn't have to be with them all the time. I like going and spending a few hours with kids, and then leaving them with their parents. Not even the parents like spending all their time with the kids. They did pay me to take care of them while they went off by themselves didn't they?
So I already know that I'm too young to have my own kids. I'm not ready or responsible enough. Time goes by so fast; so why do kids my age go out and have kids?
"I can't believe this happened" "I didn't know" "It's not my fault"
whatever.
Think about the kid. I have several cousins who have made those kind of mistakes.
Think about the kids.
Yesterday I went to practice dancing for my cousin's quinceanera there was a really nice girl there. She was dancing with this guy who was obviously her boyfriend. When we were leaving, my mom asked me if I had seen her baby. Her baby? I wanted to know how old she was.
She was my age.
16 is way too young to have a baby.
Think about the kid. He's the one who has to deal with everything.
Time goes by so fast. Let's just enjoy being young while we can.

0 comments: