BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 6, 2007

daniel

Last night at First Wednesday (every first wednesday of the month we have church at Sagebrush), Jared and Matt (our leaders) were talking about what it means to be a Christian. We're going through the book of Daniel, and I read that Daniel was a guy who was a steadfast Christian who didn't want anything to turn him from God. He was captive in an ungodly country, but he didn't turn away- he refused their pagan customs to stay with God.
It makes me wonder what we would do in such a situation.
Would you turn away?
Would you deny worldly pleasures to say with God?

At group last week our leader, Danielle, asked us what would make us turn away from God. But I think that if you're truly a Christian, nothing should turn you away.
Christ remained faithful to God to the point of death, even death on the cross. I've heard stories of people in other countries who got rolled over by a steamroller for their faith.
I want a faith like that.

I've resolved that, as a Christian, I'm going to try to talk about Christ to someone at every opportunity.

Romans 1:16-17

0 comments: