BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 10, 2008

how could i not be a christian?

As Shane Claibourne (author/ordinary radical) says, "Jesus always messes up my plans".
Jesus is always messing up my plans too. Its such a weird feeling to have been pulling one way for so long, and then God tells you, "Um. Hey there. What are you doing?"
And you're like, "Remember? This was the plan?"
And God just smiles and says, "Yeah, that was your plan, not mine."

Then you have to start all over.
:)

Someone was saying at small group last night that life would be much easier if you didn't know that God had a plan for you at all, because then you tend to want to make it go your own way and end up having to start all over. again.
I agree.
Actually, life would be easier if we weren't Christians at all. Sure, it sounds easy in the beginning, but it can be pretty difficult. Whoever said that Christianity is easy was sadly mistaken.
I think I have trouble with it because I suck at focusing on God's plan for the day, and not looking ahead. That was one of the first things we learned in the Experiencing God book for small group, but so far its the hardest thing to practice. I'm the kind of person that likes to be able to see the end result and then work up to it.
But you know, one of the best things about God is that He knows whats best for me, because He knows me better than I know myself.
So, in the end, how could i NOT be a Christian?

Its hard, but its totally worth it.




today's theme music:

Everybody Here Is A Cloud - cloud cult
Sunfeet - eisley

2 comments:

IIII Hal IIIII said...

very cool thoughts
its refreshing to see a strong christian putting their opinions out there

btw im hal-
i found your blog when i searched for blogs about the bible

:)

IIII Hal IIIII said...

thanks for the music taste compilment haha

sorry if commenting a random profile is stalkerish in any way hahaha

btw--do you have a follow this blog button on ur blog profile?

p.s: i get to see underoath first :p
nov. 15th in orlandooo