BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 4, 2008

what i've found

At random points during the Portland mission trip, Danielle would ask us what God was showing us and what we'd learned so far. I could never really give her a collected answer, though, because it was so random and I didn't have my thoughts together.
Plus, I don't think that I really realized all God showed me until about 2 weeks after I got back from the trip. And that was...

1) How to be happy in any circumstance. LOTS of people in Oregon have pretty much nothing going for them; yet they bear with it. Madeline only had her friends and her Bible, but she praised God for everything in her life. I definitely want to be like that, and I'm working on it...

2) How to drop everything in this world to serve God. Its so easy to forget that He is the reason for everything in our lives- the reason to actually live in the first place! I'm constantly getting caught up in such material things, and then I have to stop myself and just remember that they can't truly make me happy, only God can. And I must do everything I can to work for God, because in serving Him I grow closer to Him. Its an incredible feeling :)

3) Just to be still and know that He is God. He has a plan for everything, and so if something doesn't go my way, I'm ok with it. Because that's what God wants, and if it's what God wants then I want it too.
So comforting.

0 comments: