BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 9, 2008

this is a tired momma

i babysat last night. I don't think i should be trusted to babysit.
I don't think parents should rest easy when their children are in my care. But they do, for some reason.
I really love kids though :P They say the funniest things.
We played Uno. It was really interesting, cause they absolutely love that game, but they don't really know how to play. They think that the more cards you get, the better off you are, because then you can skip and reverse and make people draw cards and change colors.
Lets just say that the game lasted forever :)

I have fun while I babysit, but I don't think i'm very good at it at all. I really suck at laying down the law. I mean, how in the world are you supposed to tell a little, cute, big-eyed kid that they can only have one peice of candy after dinner? And they pretty much ignored me when I told them to stop throwing cups of water on each other and running around in the rain and jumping on the furniture. (and it was hard for me to actually want them to stop, cause I wanted to do these things too) But those are the kinds of things that their parents wont let them do, and so I had to set the rules and make them sit in corners. How sad!
I love them though. I only hope that it will be easier with my own children... I'll let them do everything that i wanted to do when i was younger and couldn't. Well, anything realistic anyway :P

0 comments: