BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Meet... Squint

Wanna hear a story?
Well, when we were on the mission trip in Oregon, I was in our room combing my hair when Danielle came in. I only saw her from the corner of my eye, so I couldn't see her that clearly, but I did notice that she was carrying a long red cloth (I thought it looked like a fancy dress). So,
without looking up, I said something along the lines of, "Hey Danielle, I didn't know you brought such a nice dress with you. Its really pretty!" I liked the color.
Danielle was like, "Dress? I don't have a dress!" And then I saw that what she had in her hands was a giant red curtain from the living room downstairs, and she was covering the windows with it.
She started to make fun of me, saying that she was Fraulein Maria from The Sound of Music and was going to make all of us clothes from the curtains. We had a good laugh about it, and I have been calling her my
'Fraulein' ever since.

Well, the other day I was showing everyone the new Octopus and the Owl I made,
and Danielle started calling them 'Pocket Pals', because whenever you feel lonely you can just pull one out of your pocket and then you would be cheered up. She put them in cups and napkin holders and her jeans, and was just playing around with them.
When I put them away, she was like, "Well now I'm going to get lonely without my Pocket Pals!"
So I told her I would make her one, and she said to make it clothes out of curtains because thats what every Fraulein loves.
I don't think she actually thought I would make her a 'Pocket Pal', but I was already forming an idea for one in my head, and I think this is the best one I've ever made because of the lederhosen he's wearing. I went online and looked up <--- 'lederhosen', cause thats like what the little boys are wearing in The Sound of Music when Maria makes their clothes out of curtains. Then I found some fabric from a chair we used to have and I made a tiny pair of lederhosen out of it.
Aren't they cute? :P

And below is a picture of the monster, whom I call
Squint. I'm so proud of him.

Here's Squint with Owl and the Octopus.
(haven't come up with names for the others yet. any ideas?)

I think I'll make a little girl monster for Squint to hang out with.

Can't wait to give these to Danielle on Saturday! :)

0 comments: