BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

my biggest wish

is that I could be in Portland, Oregon right now. I find myself wishing that a lot.
I like it there. I like the atmosphere, and how while walking downtown you can just stop and help someone at any minute. Not that you can't do that here... but people are a lot more receptive in Portland. Believe me, they are.

Right now it is 6:00 pm in Oregon. People are sitting down to dinner, no matter what their position or status. No matter where people are, or what their food is. They are all eating.
I wish I could be there to help serve dinner at the Transitional Youth tomorrow night. Thats one thing that I really, super-miss. While serving dinner to the homeless people, I got to know everyone pretty well because they were hungry and kept coming back for more.
One of the things I remember thinking is that its amazing how much people can eat when they're really hungry.
Anyway, I miss talking to the people there and encouraging them to not give up on finding jobs, or clothes, or places to live, or God.

Sometimes I go to the Portland blog so that I can read again about what we were doing while we were there, or even just to look at the pictures. I like looking at the people's faces, so that I can remember their friendliness, perseverence, uncertainty, or rebellion. It's easier to pray for them when I remember what they're like.

3 comments:

Miss E. said...

Hey hon. I have a book that I think you would really enjoy. It is called The Irresistable Revolution and i'll have it in my bag, so whenever you see me next, say, "Hey Evie, give me the book!" :)

aurora said...

k thanks

aurora said...

or just give it to me when you see me, cause i wont remember :P