BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Scooby

I had two dogs for about 1 day.

Our old neighbor had a Jack Russell named Scooby Doo that would always jump the fence to come into our yard. Zia tolerated it... most of the time. Sometimes they would fight and we would have to spray them with a hose and someone would go away limping and both would go away bloody.

Scooby was like our second dog for a long time. If Zia hadn't been spayed, we would have little purebred puppies.
The neighbor would always get mad at Scooby for coming over, though. I could always hear him yelling at the dogs and cursing at them, and I have reason to believe that he beat them. The man was a drunk.

So its no wonder that Scooby came back. They moved away a year or two ago, but somehow Scoobs has navigated the streets and found his way back to the neighborhood with the house where he had a good home- if only for a few hours, at least. Kinda sad, isn't it?
This dog's life must suck for him to come who knows how many miles to find our particular house, and crawl through our back fence.
When I went outside, he was laying on Zia's bed. I fed him and gave him water and a treat. He sat up and looked at me. "You can't stay here, Scooby" I told him.
he wagged his little stub tail.
Meanwhile Zia was inside, scratching the door and barking her head off :) She never was very good at sharing.

I woke up at about 2am when Scooby was howling his head off at our gate. I opened my window and said, "Scoobs, shush!" and he stopped. poor thing.

and the moral of the story is: Be nice to animals! :P

0 comments: