BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 19, 2008

i love spring days

Yesterday was slightly chaotic at first, but it ended up being a really great day.

First I helped out in the Grace church nursery, because apparently they were having a festival/fiesta/she-bang. A lot of the kids came in screaming their heads off, and didn't stop until about 1 1/2 hours later.
If I have kids, I don't think I'll ever leave them in the nursery at church. Several kids were completely devistated and bewildered that their parents left them, and they cried off and on through the 2 1/2 hours I was there. It was sad.
I do get paid though. :)
Then Clinton was supposed to pick me up, but when I called his phone it said, "This number is temporarily unavailable." So I was stuck at this church where I knew absolutely no one.
Then I called my mom, and she had a little time to come pick me up before taking Dad to the airport, which was a huge relief! After a while, I spotted the Forts, and they let me sit with them in the time it took mom to get there. It was kind of awkward though, because it was supposed to be a big party (they even had mariachis), but it didn't really seem like people were having a whole lot of fun. Everyone was just sort of sitting there, watching the mariachis, and this guy was wandering around going, "A fiesta! Woo-hoo!"

Second on the agenda was to go to a meeting for the Oregon mission trip. I thought that it would be kinda boring, especially since it lasted 2 hours. I thought we would have to sit still while Danielle droned on about the trip, but not so- instead she surprised me and our group did some "team building".
We all stood up on the cement part of one of those raised flower/rock beds in the courtyard at Sagebrush, and without talking, falling into the rocks, or falling off the side, we had to put ourselves in order of age.
Then Danielle made a little obstical course for us to run under the tent, such as: Crawl under the sign, touch the pole, crawl across this bench, walk along this narrow slab of cement. We all did it pretty easily, but then she gave us "infirmities". I had no legs. :) it was fun.
Afterwards, we all talked about what went well and what went wrong, and applied it to real life and how things will be on the mission trip.

At 6, we went to Josh's graduation party. It was probably the best graduation party I've been to this year. We ate really good food, squirted little confetti's at each other, played spoons and 4 on a couch, and sucked helium. It was great.
When we got home, I shook out my hair and a bunch of confetti fell out of it. :)

0 comments: