BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 11, 2010

i was walking with a ghost- i said, "please, please don't insist."

i pwned my anthropology tests noob today.

i think.

im a really terrible test taker. this is my method-
first, i procrastinate. I start studying the day before, or if im really ambitious, two days before. (I think that for this test, i started studying 3 days before.) (but the reason for that is not that i was really really ambitious, but that I got a 71 on the first test and knew i had to step it up a little.)
To make up for the procrastination, I stay up till 3-4 in the morning studying, and then wake up early and study more. Then I take the test. The first questions are always easy; if they're not i skip them and come back to them when im in the test-taking mind zone, which is a place i need to take myself if i want to get a good grade.
about halfway through the test, I start second guessing myself. I might go back and switch the answers to some questions ( i know, i know... totally against the advice to 'go with your first instinct' from all those SAT practice books). When I finish the test, I think i did amazingly well. If i know i didnt, i dont care because its over. That lasts about half an hour, and then i start to worry I failed. Then i forget about it until I get the results. If i did well, i celebrate. if i did badly, i thank God that the teacher drops the lowest grade, because i know i can step it up for the next exam. (ex.: remember how i pwned my anthro tests noob today?)
thats how my brain works when it comes to test taking.

Right now, Im in that last stage of forgetfulness for 2 of my exams, and the stage of procrastination for art history tomorrow. In fact, ive studied maybe an hour for it. maybe. but theres always after i finish this blog. And tomorrow morning. and the bus ride to school.
cant wait till its over.


wish me luck! :)

_____________________________________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________________________

No matter which way you go
No matter which way you stay
You're out of my mind, out of my mind
I was walking with a ghost
I said please, please don't insist

0 comments: