BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 7, 2009

like lions do

i wasnt planning on getting a tattoo this week, but things fell into place.
Well, originally i would have liked to get the tattoo this week, but i didnt think it would
happen. Evie and Josh convinced me not to go to Sachs becasue it is apparently unclean there and the artists aren't as good as they should be, and i called Star Tattoo but they told me that my tattoo idea wouldnt work and basically hung up on me.
Danielle suprised me on tuesday night by calling me to say she had talked to the receptionist at Addictive Ink (which is where Dave Martinez works), and they could get me in the next day or the next or over the weekend, which was really exciting because the next day had been my original appointment at Sachs (which i cancelled). So I picked her up the next day and we went in together. I had August Thompson do the tattoo. We went online and looked up
pictures of birds, and we found one like this and marked all the ones i liked and that he said would work. Some of them got blown up and some of them got made smaller, and then 7 birds were transferred onto my wrist and august went to work.
it didn't hurt too bad. theres nothing really to be said to describe it, because the pain is very unique. I cant say that it didn't hurt, but the pain wasn't unbearable.

I didn't tell my parents before i got it, because 1) i didn't want to listen to all the stuff they would say about how im making a wrong desicion and ruining my life, and 2) i was kind of afraid they would "forbid" it, and i was afraid of what i would do after that. It would have led to massive conflict, though i can't say thats not happening now. I emailed them about it the day after i got it to let them know, because i knew they would be more angry if they found out themselves. my dad emailed me back but not my mom, which means that she is super pissed off and is not talking to me. (it happens). And dad said that 'they' are angry and hurt. Im hoping that they will get over it before they come back sometime this week, although that seems unlikely since i called my mom today and her phone was turned off as though she knew i would call. And so im getting a little scared, especially about what Josh said yesterday: maybe mom will come back to live with me while dad stays in oregon.
which i really hope doesnt happen.

is what i did rebellious?
i hope not. i dont think so. im an adult. i made an adult desicion.

On another note, josh is shooting a wedding tonight. Actually, he is shooting it right now. Its his first wedding, so he's nervous and im excited. Elliott is helping him. Theyre both wearing nice clothes. Not every day you see them boys wearing a tie!
Anyway, i know it will go beautifully. cant wait to see the pictures.
(and i absolutely love weddings. i thought about being a wedding planner one time, but then i would have to deal with people being like, this is my day, the best day i will ever have in my life, and i dont really like that kind of attitude. It could be an amazing day but i think the days after would be amazing, and then theres lots of best days of your life after that)

i went to buffalo exchange today to get winter clothes, and ended up getting a summer dress instead. Thus goes my life: i complain about being cold in the winter but i hate winter clothes. haha. oh well.

______________________________________________________________________________________
and doesnt laura look like aaron gillespie??
see, told you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sea sick in a rope,
all the jokes that i keep making and forgetting.
here's one that i know, but i lost the punch line two years ago:
"friend says to a foe, im just acting on an impulse like my brother"

i wish that i could just make up my mind.
what a brilliant lullaby that you and i can write;

i wish i could just make up my mind,
to tie this anchor tight, and tell the world good bye.
"goodbye."


0 comments: