BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

starting something

I've been pretty busy lately without really being busy at all.
(and I've been doing a lot without really doing much)

I've pretty much decided that I'm gonna go to UNM next year. And this might change in the future, but as of right now I will be taking business courses so that I can start my own business where I will sell Pocket Pals.
I know that I'll be seen as pretty much a failure from the viewpoints of many kids and their moms that I've grown up with, but I really don't care what they think (I don't care what most people think about me anymore). I don't really want to be an engineer, or a doctor, or a journalist, or anything that these people see as a "normal" occupation. I want to do something that makes me really happy- something that I can actually have fun doing, and make other people happy by doing. And that is Pocket Pals...
Also I've decided that I don't want to be successful, at least not in the way the world sees it. I don't want a big house and fancy clothes and lots of money. I want to live like Jesus did, because I know that kind of lifestyle will bring me closer to Him.
I am totally and completely dependent upon God for my daily needs and well-being, and I want to live like it.

5 comments:

Miss E. said...

AMANDA!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMEN TO NOT BEING "NORMAL"

Anonymous said...

that's awesome. :)

yay for not being an engineer or doctor or journalist.

Marissa said...

i think that would be like the best job in the world!!!! be an inspiration love! good luck and im there for you all the way!

David said...

You know thats pretty much amazing don't you? Good decision!

Robert said...

Dude. Go for it. Be one of those non-profit organizations that just sells little pocket-pals-of-Jesus.

And after this year of school I can tell you much of what you need to know about starting a business. I'm taking a business class myself. It's loads of fun.