BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

we worry about incredibly stupid stuff

The stuff that my parents worry about is annoying half of the time, and funny the rest of it. Mostly its worry about me and Clinton. My mom was recently worrying that Clinton would go down to Mexico (dont know why she thought that). She was like, "He's gonna get murdered or beat up, etc!"
Why do parents worry about this kind of thing? Maybe this is just another one of those things that I wont really understand until I'm older, and have children of my own.
But really, seems to me that if parents really trusted their kids they wouldn't worry about this kind of thing. Like if my parents really trusted Clintons judgement, they wouldn't worry about him going down to Mexico.

Thats one of the annoying things they worry about. Thats right up there with Mom asking me 5 times if I've taken my vitamin and Dad wanting me home before 10 because he worries about me too much after that.

Some of the funny stuff is my parents making sure that clinton has every single possible school supply and house cleaner because they're worried that he won't be prepared for life on his own (though thats still kind of annoying), and my mom making me put her number as ICOE (in case of emergency) in my cell phone because thats what they do in France. Apparently if you get in an accident or something over there, they look in your cell phone and see ICOE and are like, hey an emergency contact! and they call that number. But anyways, thats still kind of annoying too, haha.

I worry about lots of stupid stuff too. For example, I'm worried right now that my lab partner will turn into some crazy weird person ( a different kind of crazy and weird from me :P). I'm worried that I won't get a scholarship, that Clintons new friends wont like me, that I won't fit in wherever I go to college, that I will live with my parents for the rest of my life, that I won't be able to go to a concert.
But you know, all of that stuff is crap. It doesn't really matter. God takes care of it- He gives us absolutely no reason to worry about anything.
Wherever we are, that is exactly where God wants us to be at the moment. I've become a firm believer in Gods sovereignty.
Whatever happens, its because God wanted it to happen.
And I'm perfectly fine with that.

1 comments:

David said...

I know exactly what you are talking about.
I actually just wrote something about that in english class. Although it was mostly just to make people laugh. :)

Seems like most of my writing turns out that way...