BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

my answer is yes

Have you noticed how lately people have stopped caring? People in school don't care about their grades, Christians don't care about witnessing to non-believers, and in general, people just don't care about what they do in life.

Of course there are the people that DO care about all those things, but I see about 2 people that don't care for every 1 that does.

No one in my class really cared about their grade, and if they did they didn't apply themselves to do better.
Everyone takes everything for granted. Not just school either. Life, family, friends, health, good times in general. Don't let it all become commonplace. You don't know that it will always be there.
I'm going on a trip soon with some friends, and one of them told me, "I'm really going to witness to people on the trip. Every person that God puts in my path, I will tell them about Him. Are you going to help me?" My answer: yes! Always yes. And it should always be yes, like I told her later. Always as in every day, every time, every place. Not only at special events. Not only on special trips. She agreed with me.

And isn't it sad to think that on that happy day when we get called up to be with Jesus, many of the people we know and love won't be up there with us? I wonder if we would even notice or feel sorry. Heaven is going to be such a wonderful place. I wonder if we would even notice peoples' absence.
I witnessed to my friend Scott the other day. I was surprised to find that he believed in reincarnation, and that there is no greater being out there looking out for us, and that there is nothing for us after this life, that we just become a dog, or a speck of algae. Saddening and surprising! I really didn't have the words to speak to him about it. I didn't have the words to show him the truth of God.
I wonder if, when I get called up to heaven, will Scott be there? Will he join me in his time? If he doesn't, will I be aware of it and miss him?

Some people don't care.
But I do.

0 comments: