BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

im drowning in my sleep

i get called lots of names at work.

not anything bad, just stuff like 'darlin', ' honey', 'sweetie', 'babe', 'girlie', 'lady', 'woman'. its weird. maybe they don't know my name?
the only one i really mind is sweetie or sweetheart. it always comes out condescending to me, as if i am five years old or something.

i really like this job, except for old habits that are hard to shake. I keep telling people to enjoy their sandwich no matter what they've ordered. i told a lady to enjoy her sandwich right after i handed her a bowl of pasta.

today i got an apron with lotsa pockets in it and one of those little pads that you take orders down on. Also i know how to put orders into the computer where they are automatically sent to the kitchen to cook, and i know how to ring people up. I can pretty much do everything myself, except when things get busy i feel like im slacking off even though im working really hard, because every table is always needing something else and i feel like im always slow getting it for them.
but all in all, i lurve this job. and i lurve my apron, because it makes me feel official.
also i lurve all the free food i get.
yum.


laura and i have been having a continual harry potter movie marathon. so far we are on harry potter and the goblet of fire, which we're watching tomorrow. i never followed harry potter much, but now im pretty excited about it.

all ive wanted to listen to lately has been underoath, fleet foxes, and modest mouse.

nothing much else has been happening. i feel like my life has turned into getting up, going to work (which is a place where time disappears and i just leave when they tell me to) and then trying to find things to do to fill in the rest of the time.
thats not hard though, with harry potter marathons, dinner with friends, hanging out with josh, small group, pocket pals, and skip-bo/uno nights with my family.

life is good.
i am happy.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So hold your head up high and know
It's not the end of the road
Walk down this beaten path before
You pack your things and head home
At the end of the road
You'll find what you've been longing for
I know 'cause my feet have the scars to show
I was lost with vague direction and no place to call home
At the end of the road
You'll find what you've been longing for

1 comments:

Miss E. said...

I love you, Amanda. I just thought I'd let you know. Also, I'll be emailing you back on facebook soon. Ta ta (he he) ferrrr now :D